Safety and self-defence for little superheroes
Our lessons are a blast. Every lesson is filled with fun and challenging activities that develop skills including coordination, balance, strength, speed, agility, self-confidence and assertiveness.
Real skills for life
- Strength and Power
- Communication skills
Jungle fitness and games
- Different animal walks, crawls and jumps like the Lizard, the Frog and the Gorilla that develop strength and balance
- Challenging activities with hoops, cones and ropes that develop agility and coordination
- Ball and balloon games that develop hand-eye coordination and control
- Fun races and relays that develop fitness and speed, and
- Dozens of different games designed specifically to teach safety and self-defence, including The Numbers Game, Danger Ball, Safety and Danger, 4 Colours, Magnets, Kung Fu and so many more… so that kids have fun and develop critical skills for self-defence without even knowing it!
The most important skills your children will learn include how to:
- Identify and avoid danger
- Use their voice
- Run away to safety
For any child, no matter how young, these basic skills are their best weapons to stay safe!
For young children, learning self-defence helps build confidence, assertiveness, concentration, discipline and respect for self and others. We absolutely DO NOT teach kids to fight or be aggressive. In fact, we don’t even teach punching or kicking in our program! What we do is reinforce all of the same important rules of life as you do: we play gently, we take care of each other and we never hurt our friends or family. In addition to teaching the basic self-defence skills, our program also helps develop children’s balance, coordination and overall health and fitness through jungle fitness games and activities that are ideal for young children.
Importantly, our program is gentle on children’s minds and hearts. Children are innocent and we want to keep them that way, so we don’t scare children or create anxiety about their world. The self-defence skills we are teaching are embedded in fun and exciting games that the children love, and our language and explanations are 100% child-friendly.
Every lesson includes a segment on safety awareness from the following topics:
- Road safety
- Water safety
- Sun safety
- Fire safety
- Electrical safety
- Playground safety
- Home safety
- Animal safety
- First aid
- Stranger danger
- It’s your body
- People who can help
These topics have been chosen based on a thorough understanding of the most common causes of fatalities and injuries in Australia with children in this age group.
Physical development and life skills
Through Dynamight Kids, children develop:
- Strength and Power
- Cardio and Endurance
- Reactive Power
- Bursting Power
- Group Behaviour
- Listening to Orders
- Basic Anatomy
- Good Nutrition
- Fruit and Vegetables
- Breads and Cereals
- Meats and Fish
- Oils and Fats
Leann Webb and Haim Sasson
Online Instructor Training Course Coming Soon!
We are very excited to announce that we will soon be launching a dynamic online training course for you to become a Dynamight Kids instructor!